Table Tennis Tournament January 2012

I play table tennis as a hobby. Even though I'm not a professional player, but I always enjoy playing with professional players. The stronger the opponent, the more I got excited. I think this is the only game where I don't really care about winning or losing. It's all fun, whether I won or lost.

So talking about the tournament, it was held from 6th until 10th of January. I was registering myself at the last moment, January the 5th at 22:00. It was because I was considering my wrist injury that haven't recovered since more than one month. I consultated with my doctor. She adviced me not to participate the tournament. And also I haven't trained for a while. But it was a rare occasion, so I registered myself (sorry, Doc), and promised her that I won't force or do any wrist-risking moves.

Then the the tournament began, I was lucky to have a "Bye" match. It means that I'm going to wait for another match to see who my opponent is. So for the first day, I only spent my time watching some matches.

The next day, I came a little late. Turns out that the match for who's my next opponent is finished. And I didn't watch it. After waiting for an hour, my name and my opponents name is announced. The match was held at table 2. I was a bit surprised that my opponent is an old man. But I believe he is an excellent player, a trainer maybe.

All and all I was lost for 0-3.

I totally played like a fool. It felt like I'm new learner in playing table tennis. And that is a very awkward feeling to be honest. I still can't figure why I played like that. Maybe it's because my opponent is so high skilled that I was mentally dropped, or I had not enough preparation before the tournament. Yes, I do admit that I was lack of preparation. I didn't slept in the night, I didn't have my breakfast, I didn't train, and I was injured. That's frankly totally miserable condition. All because of my fault.

But I'm still happy. That's what matters. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Feel Good

Really I Do

The Happy Birthday Wish