A Brain


  • The human brain thinks in pictures. Although we read words printed
    on a page, our brain converts them to images that it “sees”.  We may
    listen to others talk, but, again, our brain converts the spoken words
    to pictures.  This is much like a computer taking my words that I’m
    typing into it and converting them into 1’s and 0’s so it can
    understand me.
  • The human brain learns — and remembers — new information by
    associating it to something it already knows.  In schools, we
    administrators insist that teachers, prior to introducing new material,
    “activate prior knowledge”.  One day, this may mean simply reviewing
    the previous day’s lesson.  Another day, this may mean doing an
    activity that forces the student to recall something that they had
    learned as a result of environmental experiences.  In either case, the
    student “sharpens the hook” upon which new information will be hung.
  • The human brain remembers wild and outrageous things easier than
    the mundane.  Imagine driving to work and seeing three people dressed
    in brown pants, blue pants, and gray pants.  In a week, one will forget
    these people.  However, drive to work and unexpectedly see three circus
    clowns pushing an red elephant into a small green car and that image
    will remain with us for years.  Stupid?  Yes.  Memorable?  You bet!
  • The brain needs a trigger.  Something needs to initiate the
    recall.  We’ve all been in situations where we’ve heard a sound,
    smelled an odor, or felt a touch that triggered an intense memory of an
    event that occurred years ago.  I can still hear a certain Barry
    Manilow song and suddenly, I’m transported in my mind back to my early
    college years when I first met my wife.  I can vividly remember the
    cold weather, as we first began dating in the winter.  I can still feel
    the cold wet snow hitting my face and hear the sloshing of my steps as
    I asked her out for the first time.  That song triggers it.  It happens
    every time.  This is NLP’s basic anchoring at it’s most primitive use.


Einstein's Brain
Ups, Gpp Blom 5 Menit
How to Remember

powered by performancing firefox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Feel Good

Really I Do

The Happy Birthday Wish